How to Apply to CMU Healthcare Residency Programs
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must have a medical degree
and fulfill all educational requirements to practice medicine
in the country where the degree was obtained.
- International medical graduates must also have a valid ECFMG certificate
and visa. Pernament resident status or J-1 Visa is required.
- All applicants for a first year residency training position must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
We encourage you to apply for residency training at CMU Healthcare. All of our residency programs participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and only accept application materials sent electronically through ERAS®. Paper applications are not accepted. For more information on how to apply via ERAS, contact your medical school dean of student affairs, or visit the ERAS web site to review application procedures.
Applications to our residency programs should include:
- ERAS common application form with personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE transcripts (MD)
- COMLEX transcripts (DO)
- ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates only)